Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Elect

On the voting line to throw my voice early this morning; the bloke behind me had his daughter and was explaining to her the process unfolding:

"Well," he said, "today everybody will vote for President, well sort of, I mean not exactly but somehow somebody is getting a vote."

"Why is it so crowded?" the girls asked.

"Well, these people are coming early because they have to go off to work and..."

"Who will be here later?"

"I guess," he thought for a moment, "I guess, old people, students and people without jobs who have no place to go...you know, like well, like, Auntie Claire, who's a Real Estate Broker. She can vote later...she's got nothing to do."

Well, there you have it folks. In this the dark times, we have an "on the street" opinion of Real Estate Brokers -- homeless souls with naught place to go, no job, no life.

Maybe Aunt Claire is one of those 30 percenters who have cashed in their chips, and cashed out of the business rather than face the hard work.

As for me, I am here before anyone else hits the office. I've voted and I am ready to do business.

GIve me a call.

No comments: