Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Real Hunk Real Estate

It is an open house. I am listening to the two women whispering in the living room. Listening in that manner when we want not to be noticed for listening,...you know, checking for things that need not be checked, blindly looking about, the better to focus all efforts on the ears.

"Look at him," whispers the blond one, "that chin."
"That chest!"
"The eyes,..like they make my clothes melt away..."
"He can melt my clothes anytime..." giggle, giggle.
"Get his card, get his cell number, (giggle) there's something to be said for "sexting (giggle)."
"God, he's a Real HUNK!"

I should point out that this open house in NOT my open house. The above noted indelicate comments were not directed at me but at the young Lochinvar whose visage rests in the bottom left corner of the property's information sheet.

Some men can just excite women to a frenzy.

I am at the open house on behalf of a first time buyer, a charming lady whose pluck and wherewith all have garnered her at fat 20% down payment on a home of her dreams. She has asked me to help her turn that dream into brick and stone, so to speak.

I take my buyer to the basement, point out a few things, talk some issues then it is back to the office to gambit strategy and write up an offer that will bring the sellers to their knees.

"This is great," my buyer says, "I was so scared about the whole thing, but you made it so easy to understand, now and into the future. I was a nut case before you took over. Now I am calm and ready to go! Thanks!"

There it is in a nutshell, folks....Some men excite women; I just calm them down.

No comments: