Friday, January 25, 2008

Puppy Love

First off, if you need to know if your home, or the home in which you may be interested is in a designated "DECLINING MARKET", email me al.gutterman@commonmoves.com, or call me at 617.470.8085.

Now let us move on, shall we?

I am supposed to show the home at 11:30. I get to the home. The owner, a shy sort who seems not to want to be noticed, is still there.

Pray be, I ask her, why have you not gone for a stroll some other fashion of repast (as is your wont) while I am here to show the home? Well, actually, those were not my exact words, but I have been reading some Jane Austen, these days, and the impact lingers.

"Well," she replies, I could not just leave you alone with them. I mean, they are coming right now."

"I know," I say, "I think they are good buyers and..."

"No no no, " she interjects, rather forcefully, "Not them, I mean THEM," and she points to the kitchen.

Readers, mind you, I have oft said I've "seen everything" and I suspected she was referring to ghosts, but in this case, I must admit, I've seen something NEW...never seen before.

"Four of them already," she said, "More coming by the looks of her. Come."

Readers, have you guessed? Her dog, it seems, no longer "virgo intacta" was delivering her issue on a pile of newspapers in a box in the kitchen. As the kidney bean lumps of skin emerged and slipped about, I thought about the buyers coming in a few minutes, sensed the oozes and odors of "Mutt-making" and ruminated...

Yes -- my game plan -- well lived in house, full of life, a free puppy with every offer...

No comments: