Saturday, April 12, 2008

Disguise

"Dis guy's an idiot," so says the selling broker, "What does he tink, we're givin' dis away for free?"

He's talking about my buyer, or actually he's talking about me, or perhaps he's just generally referring to any happanstance that befell since I delivered my offer to him.

Too low, I should surmise.

Yes, I did the competitive analysis of what the home would cost, yes so did he, yes I looked at the road traffic, so did he and yes my number on paper would seem low.

Ahh, but did one care to look at the family situation? There is an issue, an element that rests in disguise -- shall we say. Something wrought out only by hanging out in the local Dunkin Donuts.

The sellers take my offer. They need to get out. Many times, there is just something beyond the cold numbers, something in the make-up that is hidden below the grease paint of life. Numbers tell a lot, but they do not tell all.

Maybe I am an idiot, but I do have another deal.

No comments: