Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mean Streets

We are waiting for the buyer's agent. I am here. I am here with the buyer. I am here at my listing, ready to show the listing because the buyer came here to meet his agent, and the agent is not here. The buyer is angry. I am here because I got a call:

"I called your number on the sign. She does this all the time. You betta get here if you want to sell this dump"

I tell him that I cannot do anything. I tell him he has a written agreement. I tell him about a little ditty in our business called "Procuring cause".

He tells me fine. Get here anyway. I come.

"You wanna pay her a commission for doing %$&@#, THAT IS OK. I want to see the house."

By now SHE has arrived. "Hi," she blurbs. "My 'GARMIN' was wacky, I named the route but I used an old name and it started to take me to the home on the other route and then I turned but I went the..." and that is your answer.

Readers --- IF YOUR AGENT NEEDS A GPS DEVICE TO FIND HER WAY AROUND YOUR MARKET, THEN GET ANOTHER AGENT!

An agent who does not know the streets, cannot know the houses, or for that matter, the dirt under them. Licensed Housewives who cannot negotiate a road two stop lights from their Betty Crocker kitchens are not AGENTS -- they are, well housewives with business cards that hubby bought for them.

Agents who don't know the left from the right, are not agents -- they are the lowest of the low -- they are used house salesmen.

No comments: