Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Piece of History

Oh, brother, what I could do with that title up top. But here is is used in the more pedagogical bent, so say -- educational vein, for those among you who would want to deep space "9" into the mind of the agent.

That phrase is used to conjure an image of respect and awe when selling a property. An old property. I must admit, that I've never used said jargon as it bespeaks to me the true nature of the structure, by way of reading between the lines: -- read a piece of S&%T; as in HORSE, or DOG or BULL. Not that new construction is any better; those cardboard shacks painted neutral tan and "staged" like a Saturn V rocket (1969 Moon launch) are just as worthy of the fertilizer farm.

I prefer the non monikered home. As it were, the refuse to submit to age discrimination and call a house by its qualities, and not make issue of age. Save the age for the wifey...you know, ol' bat, ol' battleax ol' buzzard...

No comments: