Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Financial Arrangements

Everything is flying along to a closing. The meeting of the minds between buyer and seller is done and now the two parties begin the process of separating as day by day, owner lets go and buyer pulls it all together to take over.

"How's the financing coming?," I ask.

"Fine. Easy."

No doubt the buyer has launched himself into finance world with all the force of a V2 rocket. "I went with Cambridge Savings Bank."

My interest is piqued as to how the choice was made.

"Well," he says, "whenever I go there to make a deposit, the pens work and they are never out of deposit envelopes. And I LIKE that."

So the biggest financial decision of a person's life is made on the basis of the supply of ink and paper?

"Absolutely."

I ponder this for a moment and think, wait, maybe there is something to this. A place that pays attention to detail -- you know -- a "take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves" sort of thing. Move over Wall Street, a new financial analyst is moving onto Main Street in Watertown.

As allways, dear readers, you should check with your financial analyst before making any decision. I will be checking in with mine -- on Main Street.

No comments: