Thursday, December 11, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is Some Real Bad News

Actually I don't, but the writer of the email a few lines below does...Seems she's having a hard time telling the reading public how bad the Real Estate Market is. It seems she cannot find those big drops in prices everyone is talking about.

I have copied the email exactly as shs wrote it on December 10th. I have blocked out whatever information would point it to her copy desk and thus to her and thus to said "her" getting slapped by her editor so hard she winds up on the unemployment line...or the fat lady blogging line:

Here goes:

"Hi. Not sure if you knew this, but I write the XX XXX XXXXX column
for the XXXXX XXXXX -- the one where we take three properties that
have something in common and do a walk-through, with about six lines
of "pros" and one of "cons."

"This week I'm looking for something that has proved harder to find
than I thought it would be: Price reductions of 20 percent or more.
Ideally, my editor would like the properties to be on the lower end,
probably $500,000 or less.

"Do you think any of your brokers might have one? If so, they can
email me the listing sheet and price-drop info directly; the story is
due on Friday so I'd like to see the houses tomorrow.

"Thanks,

XXXXXXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Well there you have it. My advice to her? Look at her own condo for inspiration -- she overpaid big time for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to say the least!